Where do our oats come from?
We source our oats from a company called Grain Millers. We use their organic quick oats. You can read more about them here - https://www.grainmillers.com/products/rolled-oats/
Are your oats organic?
Yes, the oats we use are certified organic and free and have not been treated with chemicals or pesticides (like glyphosate) .
Are your oats non-gmo?
Yes, all of our oats are certified to not have any genetically modified ingredients.
Where do your flavors come from?
We source our natural flavors from a company called Nature's Flavors. We use their sugar free, organic flavor powder in all of our recipes.
They can do a better job explaining how the flavors are derived than I can, so I have included links below for you to check out and see how they are made.
What is monk fruit?
Monk fruit is also called luo han guo or swingle. It looks like a small gourd, and it grows on a vine.
Monk fruit is native to regions of Southeast Asia, including some parts of Thailand and China. Buddhist monks in the 13th century were the first to cultivate the fruit, which is the reason for its name.
Fresh monk fruit spoils rather quickly. Traditionally, people used dried monk fruit for herbal usage.
Monk fruit sweetener is made from extract derived from dried fruit. The extract is 150-250 times sweeter than table sugar, has zero calories and carbs.
Monk fruit gets its sweetness from natural compounds called mogrosides. It has no calories, carbs, or fat.
What is the best way to cook the oats in the microwave?
- Add 1 cup of water to each serving (1/2 cup) of ZER0ats.
- Stir the oats with the water to ensure even flavor distribution.
- Add a dash of salt and microwave on high between 1.5-3 minutes.
- Let stand at least 1 minute to cool before eating.
What is the best way to cook the oats on the stove?
- Add 1 serving of ZER0ats to a bowl (1/2 cup)
- Add up to 0.5-1 cup of boiling water or milk to oats in bowl (depending on your preference of consistency)
- Add a dash of salt
- Let stand at least 2 minutes to cool